Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill Smoker Review
It might not be clear at first whether or not the Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill Smoker is suitable for any purpose; however, the fact is that this is definitely one of those products that will exceed your expectations as soon as you start working with it for the first time.
The large cooking area, quality, sturdy material and top class features all combined into a unique and versatile grill that, provided, of course, is in line with most of your requirements, will enable you to enjoy for a long time without encountering too many issues.
Grilling and Smoking Made Easy
With the Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill Smoker, both cooking and smoking become easy tasks. This traditional style barrel grill can reach high temperatures quite fast, and it provides the most heat even when compared with other grills that are considered to be of slightly higher quality.
The firebox, combined with the power of the grill and the high quality materials makes long, 10+ hour smoking quite easy, and the unit handles the whole process without difficulty. According to some, it is difficult to find a better grill/smoker for this price.
Large Cooking Area
The large cooking space that the Char-Griller Outlaw comes with is another feature that has impressed many buyers. Normally, such a large grill would be expected to cost more; however, this is not the case here. Also, despite the relatively large size, there are no problems regarding uneven cooking, which is quite a feat, since one would normally expect at least some minor problem in this area.
The assembly of the Char-Griller Outlaw grill is quite simple, and the instructions are clear and easy to read. Normally, it takes less than 45 minutes before you can start using the device, and if you make sure to follow all the steps carefully, you will likely have no issues with it whatsoever.
Char-Griller Outlaw Features and Specifications
- The heavy gauge steel architecture and cast iron grates of the Char-Griller Outlaw promote the model as a sturdy and reliable grill and allow for even cooking.
- With the airtight flanged hood, you never have to worry about not having full control on the entire cooking process, as is the case with some of the other charcoal grills available on the market.
- The sheer size of the cooking space is enough to impress most grilling enthusiasts. With its 1038 square inches, you can easily use this grill for larger households or even parties.
- Last, but not least, the adjustable fire grate will take all the guesswork out of temperature control and cleaning issues.
Customer Reviews and Ratings
The Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill Smoker may not be as popular as some of the more expensive grills out there, but it certainly gets its share of positive comments on review sites. Most of the users appreciate the quality craftsmanship, and consider that they have made the right choice when buying this product.
Some feel that, because of the problems they have occasionally run into, the price is a bit too high; however, even they admit that the grill has impressed them in at least a few areas. You can read more reviews here: Char-Griller Outlaw
Pros and Cons
Let’s take a look at the main advantages that come with the Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill Smoker:
- Storage is never a problem with this product, as the strong wooden shelves will allow you to keep a wide variety of necessary items close by, and the bottom is actually made of solid metal instead of the regular mesh rack that other grills come with.
- The cast iron cooking surfaces promotes durability and makes the Char-Griller Outlaw charcoal grill much easier to use.
- The cover is large enough to fit the entire grill, and the material is pretty sturdy.
- With the help of the easy dump ash pan, cleaning is much less of a problem when working with the grill.
There are some drawbacks, too!
- Some of the parts are considered to be of lower quality: the hooks that hold the grate are somewhat small, and the side air damper could have been sturdier.
- A few complaints have also been reported regarding poor customer service or missing parts, however this happened in some isolated cases only. If you know where to order your product from, you will likely not have this problem.
To sum it up, you basically get a grill that is relatively inexpensive, and has a lot of qualities that you simply don’t get with most products, such as the large cooking area or the smoking capabilities. Also, at Amazon.com, pricing issues disappear completely, as the current price for the item is way lower than anywhere else, and the shipping is of the highest quality.
Despite any drawbacks, it is quite clear that the Char-Griller Outlaw Charcoal Grill Smoker is worth taking into consideration when you want to buy a large, new and versatile grill that will not let you down.